Treasured, a 2-year-old tabby cat ready for her fur-ever dwelling. Images: Alissa Widman Neese/Axios
👋 Alissa right here with what’s paws-itively probably the most lovely enterprise I’ve ever entered.
Driving the information: Kitty Bubble Cafe & Bar, Columbus’ solely cat cafe, opened to 3 straight sellout weekends.
Why it issues: The cafe homes adoptable cats from Colony Cats (& canine), with proceeds benefiting the rescue group. Already, 14 have discovered properties.
My take: The eye to element for each cats and people is what makes the place so particular.
- The cafe options cat-shaped chairs, intelligent drinks like “pawty on the seaside” and wall-to-wall paw print decor, as a result of toe beans are a murals.
- The drink lids — for when a cat inevitably knocks them over — have ears on high.
- The cat lounge is beach-themed with kitty-sized lounge chairs, comfortable hiding spots and many wall perches for stretching and climbing.
The intrigue: A wall of plastic bubbles separates the 2 areas and serves as a window.
- Which means company with allergic reactions or who do not pay lounge admission can nonetheless benefit from the cafe.
Sure, and: The espresso is so good I would cease by if that had been the one attraction.
On that observe: I have to confess, I am headed again at present to cowork with Mary Jane.
- 😸 … I ought to simply purchase that $150 yearly move now, huh?
What’s subsequent: Proprietor Ivy Hou tells me the enterprise will finally supply alcohol however, for now, she’s taking a while to settle in after a busy opening rush.
- “We’re slowly finalizing stuff. Only a bit extra fashionable than we anticipated. I suppose [it’s] a superb downside to have,” she stated through Fb.
When you go: 12-9pm Monday, Thursday-Friday. 10am-9pm Saturday-Sunday. Closed Tuesday-Wednesday. 5568 N. Excessive St., simply south of Worthington.
- $10 for half-hour, $15 for an hour. Reservations advisable.
😴 Professional tip: Go early. At my Saturday night go to a number of kitties had been drained out from an excessive amount of play time.
Editor’s observe: This story was corrected to notice that Kitty Bubble Cafe & Bar is Columbus’ solely cat cafe, not the primary.